NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Excellent weather, beautiful surroundings, and a laidback lifestyle makes Hawaii an ultimate retirement destination. Active adults currently living on one of the eight major islands enjoy a unique lifestyle surrounded by the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Those living in an active adult community in Hawaii are typically not snowbirds as the distance to California is about 2,400 miles away. While Hawaii mostly caters to tourists there is a number of active adults who have settled down and now call this state home.
Climate & Geography
One of the biggest pros for active adults in Hawaii is the year-round tropical weather. Consistently staying between the lower and upper 80s, Hawaii experiences two distinct seasons, the dry season from May to October and the wet season from October to April. While most people do not think about snow when talking about Hawaii, there are times when it falls on the high mountain peaks of Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa both on the big island of Hawai i.
The state of Hawaii consists of eight major islands, Hawai i, Maui, O ahu, Kaua i, Moloka i, Lan i, Ni ihau, and Kaho olawe. These islands are a mix of white-sand beaches and dense tropical forests among large volcanic mountains. The last active volcanoes on these islands are located on the southern half of the big island of Hawai i. With an ocean coastline of 750 miles, Hawaii is fourth in the country for total coastline.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Once Hawaii became a state in 1959 tourism boomed and the secret was out about this beautiful state. Active adults in Hawaii will enjoy a rich sense of performing arts such as the opera at Honolulu Symphony or theatrical productions at the Diamond Head Theater. Other major cultural attractions include Honolulu Museum of Art, and the USS Arizona Memorial. Many notable residents hail from Hawaii such as Barak Obama, Nicole Kidman, and Jack Johnson.
Active adults living in Hawaii also enjoy endless choices for entertainment and recreation. Two national parks provide miles of hiking trails along with excellent opportunities for swimming or fishing. Many residents attend the annual festivals such as the Hawaii International Film Festival and the Merrie Monarch Festival which is an international hula competition.
Hawaii is home to multiple universities offering continuing education to active adults and retirees. The largest is the University of Hawaii with two campuses in Hilo and West O ahu. Brighman Young University also has a campus in Hawaii.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Hawaiian residents experience a higher cost of living than most places in the country, however it is still cheaper than living in New York City or San Francisco. A few reasons the cost of living is above the national average is that the median price of a home is the highest in the country and prices to move goods across the Pacific Ocean from mainland America is costly. These are things active adults and Baby Boomers should consider before they search for an Hawaiian active adult community. Hawaii also has a relatively high tax burden. High taxes are due to the state paying for education, healthcare and social services where the local governments would do that in other states.
Residents of Hawaii are covered under the Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act. This state law covers all working residents who clock at least twenty hours per week of employment. Under state law employers are required to offer health insurance to all employers after a four-week period. With about 289 active physicians per 100,000 people residents are never too far from medical services. The Queen s Medical Center in Honolulu is the best in the state and has met high performance marks in cancer treatment and Orthopedics.
Share this page with friends and family!