NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
55+ communities in Oklahoma are becoming a popular option for the area's active adults and retirees. Although mostly rural, Oklahoma has two major cities, Tulsa and Oklahoma City, where most of the population lives, creating thriving cultural epicenters that act as the state’s main draw. Age-restricted neighborhoods in Oklahoma also enjoy a varied landscape, boasting ranges, prairies and forests, sure to keep the active adult busy with plenty of recreational options while living in an Oklahoma retirement community.
Climate & Geography
Oklahoma encompasses over 68,000 square miles, making it the 20th largest state in the country. Age-targeted neighborhoods in Oklahoma are part of one of six states in the Frontier Strip. It is bordered by Kansas to the north, Arkansas and Missouri to the east, Texas to the south and near-west, New Mexico to the far west and Colorado to the northwest.
Oklahoma is between the Great Plains and the Ozark Plateau. Age-restricted communities in Oklahoma are located in one of the most geographically diverse states in the country with ten distinct ecological regions. Oklahoma has four primary mountain ranges. Cavanal Hill, near the state’s eastern border, is considered the world’s tallest hill, failing to qualify as a mountain by one foot. The northwestern corner of the state features natural forests amid a rolling to flat landscape that also has canyons and mesas. Oklahoma also has more than 500 creeks and rivers with 200 lakes created by dams. Age-targeted communities in Oklahoma also have access to prairie grasslands, marshlands, and cypress forests.
55+ neighborhoods in Oklahoma experience a temperate climate with occasional extremes. Oklahoma is considered to be a part of Tornado Alley, seeing on average 62 tornadoes a year, one of the highest in the world. The eastern part of Oklahoma has a humid subtropical climate with summer highs in the mid 90s to lows in the upper 60s. Winter temperatures typically range between the mid 20s to the mid 50s. Southern Oklahoma has less than four inches of snowfall a year yet northern Oklahoma has over 20 inches. Rainfall varies from 17 inches in the panhandle to 56 inches in the southeast.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Age-targeted communities in Oklahoma have 35 state parks to enjoy. Lake Murray State Park is Oklahoma’s largest state park with over 12,500 acres and is in the south central Oklahoma region. The state’s geographic diversity allows for all kinds of outdoor activities ranging from kayaking to hiking and from fishing to birding. Oklahoma is also known for their collection of gorgeous gardens that anyone can enjoy, whether you like European-inspired picturesque courtyards or tropical outgrowths.
55+ neighborhoods in Oklahoma also have two major cities at their disposal, Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Tulsa, in the northeastern part of the state, has the Philbrook Art and Gilcrease Museum, the Tulsa Performing Arts Center, several gardens, and the Tulsa Zoo for when the grandkids visit. Oklahoma City has the unique Museum of Osteology and the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. History buffs will also enjoy the Overholser Mansion and the Oklahoma History Center. Age-targeted communities near Oklahoma City will also enjoy the urban experience mixed with lakes, parks and gardens. Sports fans have a choice of teams to root for including the Oklahoma City Thunder, Tulsa Roughnecks FC and the Tulsa Shock. College sports are a major attraction with the University of Oklahoma Sooners and the Oklahoma State Cowboys drawing major crowds.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Active adult communities in Oklahoma generally have a much lower cost of living than other states. Those who choose an age-targeted neighborhood in Oklahoma can expect to spend considerably less on housing with utilities, transportation and healthcare also being relatively inexpensive. In 2014, Oklahoma was named as one of the least expensive states in the country by USAToday while Tulsa was named one of the least expensive cities in the country by Kiplinger. With an overall tax burden of 8.7%, residents who choose a 55+ community in Oklahoma enjoy one of the lowest tax burdens in the country. The state of Oklahoma does not have social security, inheritance or estate taxes and imposes one of the lowest property taxes in the country. Sales tax is just above 4%.
Active adult neighborhoods in Oklahoma have over 150 hospitals within their state’s borders. Oklahoma City has Integris Baptist Medical Center, OU Medical Center and St. Anthony Hospital. These hospitals have high-performing specialties in nephrology. Tulsa is home to St. John Medical Center which is well noted for its urology department.
Share this page with friends and family!