NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Rich with culture and history, Massachusetts is an ideal place for active adults looking for a state that offers natural beauty, remarkable cultural events and top-notch healthcare. From small Atlantic beach towns and big cities to mountains and farmland, Massachusetts has it all. Although, the cost of living is higher than most states there are many regions that are less expensive. Its diversity assures that there is a Massachusetts s 55+ community where you can be ecstatic and peaceful in retirement. Some of the most notable Massachusetts active adult communities are located in and around the Boston area. These communities include Oak Point, Great Island, and The Villages at Quail Run.
Climate & Geography
Massachusetts is the 7th smallest state and is located in the New England area. It is ranked the most populous of the six New England states. New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island and the Atlantic Ocean neighbor Massachusetts.
Massachusetts has cold, snowy winters and moderately warm summers and tends to be considered a humid continental climate. Annually, the state gets around 50 inches of rain and has gotten hit by tornados and tropical cyclones in the past. Even though Massachusetts is a small state there are still distinct differences between the western and eastern parts. The western part of the state is more mountainous with the Berkshire Mountains. Central Massachusetts is more rural and the Eastern part of the state has metropolitan areas with sandy beaches and rocky coastlines.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Massachusetts is rich in history and heritage and is proud of its culture and influences toward the establishment and growth of America. Pulling from its Native American and Yankee roots, it was the home to numerous notable religious, literary, cultural, and political leaders of America throughout the centuries.
Massachusetts takes great pride in its culture and has an abundance of museums and historical sites. Some of the popular ones active adults enjoy include Museum of African American History, Museum of Russian Icons, Worchester African Culture Center, Gallery of African Art, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Springfield Armory National Historic site, Freedom Trail and Minute Man National Historical Park. Plymouth Plantation and Old Sturbridge Village are two museums that recreate life as it was in the 17th and early 19th centuries. Massachusetts s active adults who consider themselves to be history buffs will enjoy any one of these historical sites.
Active adult residents love that Massachusetts is also a key region for performing arts with both the Boston Symphony Orchestra and Boston Pops Orchestra. Other performing arts and theater organizations include the Cape Cod Symphony Orchestra, Springfield Symphony Orchestra, Tanglewood Music Festival, Boston Ballet, and Boston Lyric Opera. There were also a number of musicians and bands that were produced in Massachusetts such as The Modern Lovers, New Wave Band, The Cars, and Pixies.
Massachusetts established the manufacturing of textiles and shoes but since has been replaced by electronics and communications equipment fields. The state plays an important role in dairy and poultry products, nursery and greenhouse produce, vegetables and fruits and is also the second-largest state in the nation for cranberries. With the numerous recreational and historic sites Massachusetts has become a huge state for tourism. No matter what your interests and hobbies are there is sure to be something for all active adults within Massachusetts.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in Massachusetts is higher than the nationwide average however, the average yearly income is higher than the US average. Overall the state is ranked 11th highest in the United States for its local and state tax burden. The state imposes a 6.25 percent sales tax and all real and tangible personal property is taxable unless specifically exempted by statute. The state also ranks the 8th highest in the nation for property tax.
Active adults and retirees benefit from the fact that Massachusetts is home to over 100 hospitals and it normally ranks very high among states in most health and disease prevention categories. As of 2013, Massachusetts is ranked 4th in healthiest state in the nation. Their strengths include a low number of uninsured residents, low occupational fatalities rate, low prevalence of obesity and ready availability of primary care physicians. The average life expectancy is 78.4 years which is the fifth longest in the country.
Share this page with friends and family!