NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Though Maryland may not have as many active adult communities as some of the more popular retirement states, there are several 55+ neighborhoods in Maryland. These Maryland active adult communities have been built by a variety of developers, including Caruso Homes, Del Webb and Summit Homes. Maryland s active adult communities are often smaller than the sprawling resort-style sites found in some other states. However, retirement communities in Maryland offer amenities that support an active lifestyle.
Active adults who settle in Maryland often settle in Maryland s Capital, Central or Eastern Shore regions. Active adult communities in the Capital and Central regions are primarily diverse, suburban settings that are within close proximity to major urban centers. The Maryland 55+ communities in the Eastern Shore have a more relaxed, southern feel. Though both areas offer luxurious housing and cater to affluent active adults.
Climate & Geography
Despite Maryland s small size, the state has a surprising variety of climates from one region to the next. The eastern portion of the state which includes cities like Annapolis and Ocean City has a humid sub-tropical climate that brings hot, sticky summers and cold, but relatively mild winters. Moving westward, the state begins to show a cooler climate, with lower average temperatures during both the days and nights. While in the extreme western portion of Maryland, which lies in the subtropical highlands near the Appalachian Mountains, summers are mild and winters are prone to snowfall.
Maryland has many prominent cities, such as Annapolis, Baltimore, Bethesda, Easton, Gaithersburg, Hagerstown, Laurel, Ocean City, Rockville and Silver Spring. The state is commonly divided into five distinct regions: the Western Region, Capital Region, Central Region, Southern Region, and the Eastern Shore.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Sports lovers will be happy to know that Maryland has a number of major and minor league sports teams. There are two NFL teams in the area: the Baltimore Ravens and the Washington Redskins. The Baltimore Orioles is Maryland s Major League Baseball team. Residents of Maryland age-restricted communities, particularly those near the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, also root for teams that play out of the National Capital, such as the Washington Nationals (baseball), the Washington Capitals (hockey) and the Washington Wizards (basketball).
Baltimore is one of the countries oldest seaports. The Inner Harbor area was once a major manufacturing center, though it is now predominantly known as a tourist town. The harbor area includes the National Aquarium, the Maryland Science Center, several shopping centers, restaurants and museums. Historic Fells Point, which neighbors the Inner Harbor, has many restored buildings that have been converted into waterfront hotels, restaurants, shops and pubs.
The Capital Region, which includes portions of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, is one of Maryland s most populous regions. Though the area was once predominantly farmlands, it is now a thriving urban center that is home to many high-tech industries and research centers.
The state touches three major bodies of water: the Chesapeake Bay, the Potomac River, and Atlantic Ocean. Active adult residents of Maryland take advantage of the states 4,000 miles of shoreline, 500 lakes, and dozens of creeks for great fishing, boating, and canoeing. Maryland s Eastern Shore is a popular tourist destination, and Ocean City is a summer hot spot.
There are many major highways, which run through Maryland, connecting it with the rest of the East Coast. The state s major airport is the Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), located just outside of Baltimore. There are two other major airports in nearby Northern Virginia: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Dulles International Airport.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in Maryland is significantly higher than the national average. It s nearly 20 percent higher with a higher than average sales tax, estate tax, and gas tax. They enforce five income tax brackets that range from 2 to 6.25 percent of personal income. Baltimore and all 23 counties have an additional state income tax rate as well. The state sales tax is 6 percent and all properties are subject to property tax. While the cost of living is more expensive, the state of Maryland boasts one of the highest median incomes in the nation.
The state of Maryland has approximately 70 hospitals, of which five are nationally ranked and twenty-five others have been recognized for strong performance. Johns Hopkins Hospital, University of Maryland Medical Center, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, and Sheppard and Enoch Pratt Hospital are nationally ranked. Active adult communities in Maryland are ideal as it has the second best doctor to population ratio. There are about 362 active physicians for every 100,000 residents.
Share this page with friends and family!