NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Delaware is known as The First State and it s home to several popular cities, such as Wilmington, Dover, Lewes and Rehoboth Beach. Its various cities and regions offer their own cultural and recreational attractions, and no sales tax makes the state a shopper s paradise. There are numerous active adult communities in Delaware that offer a variety of home sizes and styles.
Though Delaware may be small in size, its transitional climate and distinct regions make it an ideal location for a variety of people. From the industrialized north with its easy access to major urban centers, to the southern coast with its sunny beaches and artistic charm, Delaware is quickly becoming a popular retirement destination for active adults.
Climate & Geography
For those who prefer all four seasons, Delaware s environment covers a transitional zone, which ranges from a humid subtropical climate to a continental climate. There is often a noticeable difference in temperatures and weather from the northern to southern portions of Delaware. The southernmost Sussex County generally enjoys more mild winters and hotter summers than the more northern areas of New Castle County.
Geographically, Delaware is bordered to the south by Maryland and to the north by Pennsylvania. The eastern border falls along the Delaware River, the Delaware Bay and the Atlantic Ocean, which all flow together from the river out to the sea. Though the Delaware River lies between Delaware and New Jersey, there are a few small stretches where the two states share a land boundary. Ferries also allow easy transportation across the Delaware River, such as the popular run between Cape May, New Jersey and Lewes, Delaware.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Despite its small size, Delaware is one of the country s more densely populated states. Wilmington boasts many cultural and recreational attractions. It also embraces a rich history as the city was first settled in 1638 under the name Fort Christina. Today, Wilmington offers a variety of distinct neighborhoods including nine historic districts and the Wilmington Riverfront.
Farther south, Delaware s capital city of Dover is the second largest city in the state and a popular destination for visitors. The Dover International Speedway hosts two NASCAR weekend events each year. Dover Downs, also contained within the Dover International Speedway, offers harness horse racing year-round. There are several golf courses in the area surrounding Dover, including the Maple Dale Country Club, the Wild Quail Country Club, and the Jonathan s Landing Golf Course.
For those who prefer performing arts, history and other cultural attractions, Dover s Schwartz Center for the Arts is home to the Dover Symphony Orchestra. Dover s historical district is home to the Sewell C. Biggs Museum of American Art, and downtown Dover houses the Dover State Museum as well as the Dover State Archives, which are open to the public.
A bit farther south on Delaware s Atlantic coast, Rehoboth Beach swarms with visitors during the hot summer months. Rehoboth s beach boardwalk features an eclectic mix of quirky shops, fun restaurants, festive nightlife, and plenty of recreational activities. Rehoboth Beach has a welcoming atmosphere and is also known to be a popular gay and lesbian vacation spot. In addition to its boardwalk attractions, Rehoboth hosts annual festivals such as the Rehoboth Beach Independent Film Festival and the Rehoboth Beach Autumn Jazz Festival.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Though Delaware s cost of living is 14 percent higher than the national average, the state is still very attractive to active adults due to its moderately low taxes. Delaware does not have a sales tax, the top income tax rate is 6.95 percent, and property taxes are some of the lowest in any state at .43 percent. Social security benefits are not taxed and up to $12,500 of pension income is exempt for people 60+, which means many seniors pay little income tax to the state.
As of 2012, there were 2,439 physicians practicing in the state, which makes the ratio of about 266 active physicians per 100,000 residents. Christiana Care Hospital in Newark is a nationally ranked hospital in adult specialty. In addition, Bayhealth Medical Center in Dover and Beebe Medical Center in Lewes are two high performing hospitals. Healthcare is also one of the state s leading job industries.
Share this page with friends and family!