NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Utah is home to several 55+ active adult communities. The state is an outdoor adventurer s paradise, which attracts many retirees from across the country. Utah s active adult communities feature resort-style amenities and low-maintenance options. Active adults and retirees enjoy 55+ communities in Utah because of the variety of attractions and close distance to Las Vegas. St. George is one of the fastest growing areas in the United States and active adult communities in Southern Utah are becoming popular there.
Climate & Geography
Like most of the western states, Utah has few days of thunderstorms. The state has a dry, semi-arid climate due to the location in the rain shadow of the Sierra Nevada and Wasatch Mountains. Summers are hot and dry with plenty of sunshine and there is plenty of dry snow in the mountains.
Utah touches the corner of New Mexico and borders Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and Arizona. It s known for its natural diversity from deserts with sand dunes to forests in mountain valleys, Utah has varied regions. The northern center of the state is called the Wasatch Ranch and has many ski-resorts. At the western base of the Wasatch Range is the Wasatch Front that has valleys and basins. Western Utah is mostly arid with freshwater lakes. The south and southeastern parts of the state is filled with sandstone and the eastern part is a high-elevation area. The southwestern area is the warmest part, which explains why many of Utah s active adult communities can be found in the southern part of the state.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Active adult communities in Utah embrace the great outdoors. It is an outdoor adventurer s paradise, especially in the northern part of the state with the Wasatch Mountains and world-class ski resorts like Park City and Deer Valley. There are five national parks: Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion. Utah s popular winter sports are easily accessible, unlike most large states where most places are spread far apart. With 42 state parks and 22.8 million acres of public lands are plenty of opportunities for golfing, mountain biking, hiking, waterskiing, boating, and more.
In addition to outdoor recreation, Utah does have many cultural attractions throughout the state. The Utah Museum of Fine Arts at the University of Utah is the largest art museum in the Intermountain West with more than 18,000 works for art. Other popular attractions include the Springville Museum of Art, Salt Lake City Gallery Stroll, Natural History Museum of Utah, Dinosaur National Monument, Cleveland Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry, Cedar Mountain Formation, and so much more.
Utah is home to Sundance Film Festival, one of the largest and most well-known independent film festivals in the United States. Temple Square, Red Rock Film Festival, DOCUTAH Film Festival, and the Shakespearean Festival are other popular cultural attractions hosted in Utah.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Utah is home to some of the priciest areas in the country like Park City. However, the cost of living in Utah is just 3.8% higher than the national average. The state s unemployment rate is significantly lower that the rest of the nation. Utah adopted a 5% flat income tax system in 2008. While the state taxes Social Security benefits, it does provide a retirement-income tax credit for income-eligible seniors. There is also tax exemption for military retirees. Property taxes are collected locally and there are tax breaks for homeowners and renters aged 66 and older.
In 2013, the Gallup State of Well-Being Report ranked residents of Utah as having the fourth highest level well-being in the United States. Top hospitals like Intermountain Medical Center, University of Utah Health Care, LDS Hospital, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, and Intermountain McKay0Dee Hospital, St. Mark s Hospital, Timpanogos Regional Hospital, and Dixie Regional Medical Center are among top-ranked throughout the state. For every 100,000 residents in Utah, there are about 203 active physicians.
Share this page with friends and family!