NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
California is one of the most popular retirement states in the country. With a climate that is diverse as the people, California has long been a favorite among retirees. The list of 55+ communities in CA is a smorgasbord of 55+ living options offering just about every type of climate and lifestyle options imaginable. For retirees seeking 55+ active adult communities in California, the list of best places to retire in California is quite extensive.
There are more than 80 active adult 55+ communities in California that offer amenity-filled clubhouses, golf courses and organized social activities. Additionally there are several dozen smaller scale 55+ age-restricted California communities that offer low-maintenance adult living without the amenities and lifestyle options. Many of the best places to retire in California are very affordable despite what many people believe.
Climate & Geography
California’s climate varies widely, from the Mediterranean-like retirement communities in San Diego to the subarctic climate retirement communities in Northern California, depending on latitude, elevation and proximity to the coast. California’s climate is typically warm with dry summers and mild, wet winters. Farther inland, summers are hot and dry, and at higher altitude the weather is more typical of a four-seasons cycle with cold, snowy winters. Retirees in California can choose from the warm beaches of the Pacific coast to the snowy, cool escapes of the Sierra Nevada.
California is bigger than 85 of the smallest nations in the world. San Diego and Los Angeles are two of the most populated cities and Los Angeles is rated as the fourth biggest economy in the United States. California is also home to the largest county in the entire United States: San Bernardino County.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
California has a reputation as a haven for people with imaginative minds, and you can see this in its multifaceted cultural offerings. The state is home to many famous cultural institutions and national parks. There are many well-known colleges found throughout the state as well including University of California at Berkeley, Pepperdine University, Stanford University, University of California at San Diego (UCSD), University of Southern California (USC) and University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
California is mainly known as the “Golden State” but also referred to as "The Land of Milk and Honey," "The El Dorado State," and "The Grape State." Some popular attractions that active adults love exploring include Hollywood, Disneyland, Yosemite National Park, Alcatraz, Angel Island and the Golden Gate Bridge. California is home to many huge events such as music festivals, the Monterey Jazz Festival and the largest three-day rodeo.
California has the largest economy in the United States and leads it in agricultural production. California is also known for film production, food processing, petroleum, computers and computer software, tourism and aerospace. There is so much to do and see throughout this diverse state.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in California varies significantly by region but in general, it is relatively high compared to other states. The cost of living tends to be higher in areas that are closer to the Pacific Ocean while the Inland Empire Area is a little less expensive. However, housing, gas, and consumer goods typically tend to be priced higher than the majority of other states in the U.S. California also has a higher minimum wage than most states.
California is a high tax state with some of the highest sales tax, personal income tax and corporate tax rates in the nation. There is a 7.5 percent sales tax, 13.3 percent individual income tax, 8.84 percent corporate income tax, and $1,426 property tax per capita, some of which are the highest rates in the nation.
California was the first state in the nation to enact legislation creating a healthy benefit exchange under federal health care reform. In 2014, most Californians will be required to have health insurance under Obamacare. The health plan choices offered by Covered California are as good as you can get in any marketplace, even if you are not eligible for a subsidy. California's 55+ residents love that the state is home to nearly 430 hospitals, 17 of which are nationally ranked.
Share this page with friends and family!