NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Many 55+ homebuyers may not consider an active lifestyle community in Nebraska when looking for a destination for retirement. However, the state of Nebraska has been ranked sixth highest in the overall well-being index by a Gallup survey. Residents of 55+ communities in Nebraska live among friendly neighbors and enjoy an overall lower cost of living than the national average.
Active adult communities in Nebraska enjoy outdoor attractions and recreational activities. Also, its larger cities like Omaha and Lincoln are near large universities, entertainment opportunities, medical centers, and cultural charm.
Climate & Geography
The climate of age-restricted communities in Nebraska varies by location and humidity decreases from east to west. Eastern Nebraska has a humid continental climate and Western Nebraska has a semi-arid climate. Generally, the state as a whole experiences hot summers and cold winters. Active adults in Nebraska must take into consideration that the state sees about 25 to 35 inches of snowfall annually. Also, Nebraska lies within Tornado Alley, meaning strong thunderstorms and tornado sightings are very common during the spring and summer.
In terms of geography, South Dakota is located at the northern border, Iowa to the east, Missouri to the southeast, Kansas to the south, Colorado to the southwest, and Wyoming to the west. Nebraska is divided into 93 counties and two time zones: Central Time in the east and Mountain Time in the west. Much of its largest cities, like Omaha and Lincoln, have a terrain of gently rolling hills.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Active adult communities near Omaha, Nebraska are located near many sports teams as well as newer sporting venues. Omaha has been home to the College World Series since 1950 and the Cox Classic golf tournament since 1996. Retirees of 55+ neighborhoods in Nebraska can cheer on the many NCAA sports teams of Creighton University and the University of Nebraska Omaha.
Omaha is also home to the largest community theater in the nation, the Omaha Community Playhouse. More cultural attractions in Omaha can be visited at the Holland Performing Arts Center, Orpheum Theater, Blue Barn Theatre, and The Rose Theatre. Active lifestyle neighborhoods in Nebraska also enjoy annual festivals that celebrate music like the annual Omaha Blues, Jazz & Gospel Festival. Whether browsing the historic district in Downtown Omaha known as the Old Market or taking grandchildren to visit the Henry Doorly Zoo, Omaha offers plenty of things to do and see while living in an active lifestyle community in Nebraska.
Age-restricted neighborhoods near Lincoln, NE are situated within the states second-largest city. Lincoln, the state capitol, is home to many historical attractions and sites of interests. The capitol building is home to plenty of learning opportunities as well as the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia Museum, Frank H. Woods Telephone Museum, Lincoln Children s Museum, Museum of American Speed, and Museum of Nebraska History. The Nebraska Cornhuskers of the University of Nebraska Lincoln hosts 22 teams in the NCAA Division I league.
Parks and recreation of Nebraska are abundant across the state. There are hundreds of lakes and streams that provide great fishing options. This includes the 662-acre Lake Wanahoo and trout fishing at Verdigre Creek and the North Platte River Valley. Bird watching is a popular activity during May and April and plenty of hunting opportunities are abound throughout the wetlands, prairies, and sand hills.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The lower cost of living is a large benefit of purchasing real estate in Nebraska. Active adult communities located in Nebraska have an overall lower cost of living index below the national average. Items like groceries, healthcare, housing, utilities, and transportation all rank lower than the U.S. average.
In terms of taxation, Nebraska has a progressive income tax where the tax rate increases as the taxable base amount increases. Income from $0 to $2,400 is collected at 2.56%, $2,400 to $17,500 at 3.57%, $17,500 to $27,000 at 5.12%, and anything over $27,00 is collected at 6.84%. The state sales tax in Nebraska is collected at a rate of 5.5%.
Active retirement neighborhoods in Nebraska have access to over 100 hospitals and medical centers throughout the state. Of which, two have been nationally ranked and seven have been recognized for a strong performance in specific specialties. Both nationally ranked hospitals, Nebraska Medical Center and Methodist Hospital, are located in Omaha. When looking at homes for sale in a Nebraska active adult community one should consider the cities of Lincoln and Kearney as well because many high-performing hospitals are located in the area.
Share this page with friends and family!