NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Louisiana has all the features that make it a great state for retirement. Active adult communities in Louisiana benefit from a favorable tax structure, several recreational opportunities, and housing prices well below the national average. Whether you re looking for a relaxing retirement in a temperate climate or an active lifestyle in a region abounding in culture and outdoor excitement, there is sure to be the perfect 55+ community in Louisiana.
Climate & Geography
Louisiana is located in the southern region of the United States and is bordered by Mississippi to the east, Arkansas to the north, Texas to the west, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. Active adult communities in Louisiana are typically found in the southern portion of the state, where the course of the Mississippi River, Lake Pontchartrain, and the Gulf of Mexico create a low-lying, alluvial region. Age-targeted communities in Louisiana located in the southern portion of the state are typically at or below sea level in swampy marshlands. Age-restricted communities in Louisiana located in the northern portion of the state experience a more Midwestern geography, with a hilly landscape defined by woodlands and prairies.
Age-targeted communities in Louisiana experience a humid subtropical climate with long, hot and humid summers and short winters. During the summer months, 55+ communities in Louisiana can experience several days above 105 degrees in the northern part of the state and around 100 degrees in the southern part. In the winter, high temperatures in the southern part of the state average 66 degrees while the northern portion experiences an average of 59 degrees. The lows are between 37 and 46 degrees in the winter.
Given that 55+ communities in Louisiana are close to the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana experiences heavy rainfall throughout the year. New Orleans has an average rainfall of 64 inches a year, making it the third wettest city in the nation and also has a very active hurricane season. Shreveport, in the northern part of the state, experiences 51 inches of rain annually. Age-restricted communities in Louisiana only see measurable snowfall every once in a while.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
55+ communities in Louisiana have an abundance of recreational options at arm s length. Louisiana has 22 state parks within its borders that offer activities as diverse as hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, horseback riding, and disc golf. Active adult communities in Louisiana that are close to the Gulf of Mexico can also experience swamp tours and witness the region s abundant wildlife including alligators, snakes, turtles, and herons. Active adult communities in Louisiana also have access to nearly 200 golf courses spread across the entire state, weaving through majestic oak trees and the scenic bayous.
Age-restricted communities in Louisiana also have eclectic urban centers to explore. The Old World charm of New Orleans has been attracting tourists for over 200 years. The city is home to nearly 1,000 restaurants and countless cultural activities from walking through the Mardi Gras museum to enjoying a drink in the oldest continually-occupied bar in the country. Age-restricted communities in Southern Louisiana are also close to Baton Rouge, the state s capital, and the home of Louisiana State University, several museums, and wonderful restaurants. Shreveport is known as Sportsman s Paradise due to their wide range of outdoor activities from swimming to camping to exploring a wildlife refuge.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living for Louisiana is lower than the rest of the country. Living in 55+ communities in Louisiana means that you will pay 6% less than the rest of the country for healthcare, 9% less for housing, and 15% less on utilities. Taken as a whole, residents of age-restricted communities in Louisiana can expect to pay 6% less overall than their counterparts throughout the country.
Those who choose one of the active adult communities in Louisiana will benefit from untaxed pensions and Social Security benefits. Furthermore, homeowners in Louisiana are eligible for a tax exemption on their home on the first $75,000 value from both the state and the parish. Louisiana imposes an income tax that ranges from 2% to 6% of income and a sales tax of 4% with some parishes taxing as much as 11%. In 2011, Kiplinger ranked Louisiana as one of the most tax-friendly states for retirees.
Active adult communities in Louisiana benefit from having several healthcare options. Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans has nine nationally ranked specialties and is considered the best hospital in the state. St. Tammany Parish Hospital also serves residents of age-restricted communities in Louisiana near the New Orleans area. Northern Louisiana has St. Francis Medical Center, Bossier Health Center, and Willis Knighton Medical Center, all with high-performing specialties.
Share this page with friends and family!