NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
When most people think of communities to live in retirement, Central Indiana is typically not the first place to cross their mind. But this area offers a desirable active adult lifestyle, great homes and a four-season climate. Residents aged 55 or better often decide to stay in this state due to its great job opportunities, tourist attractions and to remain close to family. There are many desirable 55+ active adult communities in Central Indiana that are sure to suit your needs and lifestyle.
Climate & Geography
Central Indiana is comprised of over 30 counties and is commonly referred to as the Indianapolis metropolitan area. The area s largest city is Indianapolis and is also the state s capitol. Other well-known cities include Anderson, Kokomo, Lafayette, and Terre Haute. Retirees and active adults enjoy living in this region for the beautiful land of gently rolling hills and shallow valleys. This region is also lined with many farms and forests.
Like many of the surrounding Midwest states, Central Indiana experiences a humid continental climate that has four distinct seasons. Summer is hot and humid while the winter is cold and snowy. Spring and autumn tend to be pleasant but on occasion can be unpredictable with a big drop in temperature during the middle of the day.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Central Indiana s culture and artistic traditions revolve around rural life due to the fact that the area is dotted with farmland. Retirees and active adults appreciate the unique culture and love participating in activities such as needlework, woodcarving, quilting, glasswork, historical re-enactments, and gardening. Food is also popular in this area and is known to have excellent rip bops, collard greens and fatbacks.
The economy of Central Indiana is mainly driven by education, research, agriculture and manufacturing. There are many distinguished universities throughout the area including Butler University, Purdue University, Ball State University, Indiana Wesleyan University, Indiana State University and Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis.
The state s capital and largest city, Indianapolis, practically lies in the center of the state and plays a huge role in supporting its economy. Indianapolis is famous for hosting many conventions and sporting events like the Indianapolis 500, Indy Jazz Fest, Indiana State Fair, Heartland Film Festival, and Indianapolis Theatre Fringe Festival. Central Indiana active adult residents and 55+ retirees who are art lovers, car enthusiasts, sports fans, history buffs or interested in science and technology love living here for its assortment of museums and galleries.
55+ residents of Central Indiana enjoy many attractions throughout the area including the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Eagle Creek Park and Nature Preserve, Monument Circle, White River State Park, Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art, Indianapolis Zoo, Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, Indiana World War Museum, and State Capitol Building. No matter what your interest and hobbies are there is sure to be something for today s active adults.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in a Central Indiana active adult community is less than the national average and has very affordable housing options. Retirees and 55+ residents enjoy living in the state for its excellent workers compensation rates and unemployment tax rates. Many people relocate and retire in Central Indiana for its favorable living costs and low business taxes.
Active adults and retirees love living in this region for its exceptional healthcare. Indianapolis is a healthcare hub and is home to the state s only medical school. There are many top-notch medical facilities and hospitals including IU Health Academic Health Center, St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center, IU Health North Hospital, Franciscan St. Francis Health, IU Health West Hospital, and Wishard-Eskenazi Hospital.
Share this page with friends and family!