NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Northern Arkansas has been a growing retirement destination for its charming views, mild climate and low cost of living. 55+ residents and active adults love living in this region for the wide variety of recreational opportunities, outdoor adventures, historic sites and great shopping. The area is rich with history and strong culture influences from both the South and the West.
In addition to an abundance of attractions and activities, North Arkansas' 55+ communities allows homeowners to get more for their money. The median home price is half of the national average, making it ideal for 55+ residents. Northern Arkansas is home to many desirable retirement communities that are sure to offer a home style, size and price for nearly any homebuyer.
Climate & Geography
Active adults and retirees enjoy living in Northern Arkansas active adult communities for its humid subtropical climate. Some of the areas also experience a humid continental climate as well. The Gulf of Mexico and the mountains influence most of the weather. Summers tend to be hot and humid while winters are mild and dry.
The iridescent Beaver Lake and the stunning Ozark Mountains define most of this area. Northern Arkansas is home to many vibrant cities that are ideal to retire in such as Bella Vista, Eureka Springs, Bentonville, and Rogers. In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Rogers as one of the Best Places to Live.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Retirees and 55+ residents of Northern Arkansas love living in this state for inspiring surroundings and its continual growth in becoming a leader in business, sports, tourism, and culture. The region offers unique and historic downtown areas and it has grown to be a top destination for the arts. Architecture, literature, fine arts and performing arts are a huge part of the culture here, as well as sports
Northern Arkansas is rapidly growing and is one of the most dynamic regions in the United States. Active adult residents have an abundance of places to explore and attractions to experience. The possibilities are endless with Eureka Springs unique shops and galleries, Springdale s Art Center of the Ozarks, Fayetteville s Walton Arts Center, and Bentonville s remarkable Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
Other popular attractions that retirees and 55+ active adults of Northern Arkansas retirement communities enjoy are the Arkansas Air and Military Museum, Daisy Airgun Museum, Mark Martin Museum, Shiloh Museum of Ozark History, and Thorncrown Chapel. Arkansas retirees appreciate the state's natural beauty and all that the area has to offer like hunting, fishing, hiking, golfing, boating and bird watching. The Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, Ozark Folk Center State Park, Pea Ridge National Military Park, Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park, Buffalo National River, Mammoth Spring State Park, Greers Ferry Lake, Blanchard Springs Caverns are just a few of the admired places to relish the state's beauty.
In addition to the state's scenic backdrop, Northern Arkansas fosters an entrepreneurial spirit and is home to many well-known companies such as Walmart, Tyson Foods, and J.B. Hunt. The University of Arkansas also drives the economy and growth of this region. Whether you want to relax and soak in the awe-inspiring scenery, continue your education, learn about the area s history or get adventurous while exploring popular attractions, Northern Arkansas is sure to please.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Northern Arkansas active adults and retirees love living in this area for is reasonable cost of living. It is much cheaper to live here than many of the neighboring states and the cost of living is below the national average. There is a 7% income tax and a 6% state sales tax.
Retirees and 55+ residents are at ease knowing they live close to great healthcare. The state s several hospitals and the supportive government creates an optimistic atmosphere with flourishing healthcare. Some well-known medical facilities include the Mercy Hospital-Turner Memorial, Mercy Hospital Berryville, St. John s Hospital-Berryville, and Northwest Medical Center Bentonville. The Physicians Specialty Hospital in Fayetteville is also ranked number three in the state.
Share this page with friends and family!